It is almost summertime, which means it is time to prepare your swimming pool for the warm summer months ahead. Knowing how to take care of your pool and enjoy it at the same time is very important. Here are some tips on how to optimize your pool time and maintenance:
Tips For Optimizing Your Pool Time and Maintenance
- Maintain the proper pH level. To prevent injuries and ruining your clothes, you need to make sure that the pH levels in your pool remain the same. They should be anywhere between 0 and 14. To measure water, you can use a special testing kit and test strips.
- Consider saltwater pools. A saltwater pool is a swimming pool using a saltwater chlorine generator that helps sanitize the pool water. Saltwater pools are a great cost-effective alternative to traditional chlorine pools.
- Vacuum your pool. It is important to vacuum your pool every week to reduce the amount of chemicals you add. You can vacuum the pools yourself, install an automated vacuum, or hire professionals who will do it for you.
- Clean the filter. There are three types of pool filters: sand, cartridges, or diatomaceous earth. Regardless of the type of your filter, it requires regular cleaning.
- Limit what is allowed near the pool. One of the most efficient ways to take care of your swimming pool in summer is to limit things allowed near the pool. Try not to bring drinks or food into the pool area. If you drop any food or drink inside the pool, you can contaminate the water, and cleaning will be required.
- Test the pool for phosphates. Even though phosphates are always present in your swimming pool, the levels should not be too high. Therefore, it is important to inspect your pool for abnormal phosphate levels. You will need to hire a professional company for that as they will have all the necessary tools and equipment for testing.
Want to have a swimming pool for your house or residence? Or do you have a pool already and need a professional pool service? Do not hesitate to contact Scott Payne Custom Pools, a passionate and experienced team of pool contractors who are ready to help your outdoor living dreams. If you are searching for a contractor specializing in custom pools in Berwyn, PA, or any other nearby area, we are here to help you.
We also offer quality pool services, including a pool opening service, pool closing service, and pool maintenance service. Our mission is to help your pool serve you well for many years. If you have any questions, or you want to discuss your pool project with us, do not hesitate to reach out to Scott Payne Custom Pools.